It’s your loved one.
We know their memory loss can be frightening, but we’re here for you both, as we’ve been here for so many others. You’re not alone, and you don’t have to find your way on your own. For Alzheimer’s or other forms of age-related dementia, we’re skilled providers of effective services, programs and care — and we’re genuinely, deeply committed to helping your loved one, you and your family.
Memory Support at The Crossings offers a comfortable neighborhood for our Independent Living, Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing residents who, like 1 in 8 Americans, develop dementia over age 65. They have priority access to our Memory Support neighborhood, where their friends from The Crossings can easily keep in touch. Nonresidents can also move in and find welcoming smiles.
Staying active and involved is a path to fulfillment for everybody. We believe all people need love, understanding and respect, regardless of limitations. So we’ve made Hand-in-Hand training the heart of our Memory Support.
Designed to individualize assistance that maximizes independence, Hand-in-Hand training comes to life in programs and activities that make every day a good day.
- Staff members respect residents’ dignity, increasing their self-esteem
- Staff training includes how-tos of resident interaction, reducing behavior concerns and controlling medication needs
- Staff members learn each resident’s history and incorporate that knowledge into daily life
- Families can track their loved one’s progress via regular reviews
- Support groups connect families to share concerns
- Residents’ improvements in sleep, nutrition and hydration can often improve relations with family members
SERVICES & AMENITIES
Keeping watch also includes these necessities:
- Medication administration
- Assistance with personal care
- Chef-prepared meals and snacks
- Individualized social activities
- Secure environment
- On-site 24/7 licensed nursing staff
MUSIC & MEMORY ®
Music can connect and helps each of those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia reconnect with their world. Calming chaotic brain activity, improving focus — the Music & Memory program is a productive part of our Memory Support plan, because it can make a resident’s day better in a hurry.
Add our care to yours. Find out more about Memory Support costs for current residents of The Crossings or for those who don’t currently live here but are seeking care. Contact us to start that confidential conversation.