Confidence and connection
Moving into an Assisted Living can feel like a major life transition. One that is usually preceded by family discussions, careful considerations and an array of emotions. That’s why, when your loved one chooses The Forest Assisted Living at The Crossings, we focus on building confidence and connection. Confidence in those daily activities that seem more overwhelming than they used to be. Things like bathing, taking medication, dressing, meals or grooming. It’s simple, when you look good and feel good, you seem to sit up a little bit straighter. When you maintain your dignity and independence because you’ve got the support you need to be successful, you feel unstoppable. Our team focuses on what your loved one can do, not what they can’t. We know that it is important to have a day that is filled with accomplishments, not defeats. When done well, you’ll soon see confidence building and a smile that keeps growing.
Next, we want to help build connection. Connection with others, with nature, with passions and purpose. We deliberately fight back the 3 plagues that can have a devastating impact on the aging process. What are the 3 plagues? Loneliness, helplessness and boredom. They have the unique power to destroy a sense of connection to others, connection to our surroundings and eventually – and most devastatingly – connection to ourselves. We take these threats very seriously and do everything we can to boost your loved one’s confidence and enhance each day with meaningful connection. Physical wellness is important but so is emotional, spiritual, social and intellectual wellness – they all go together and deserve equal nurturing. At The Crossings, we believe in continued growth and ambition – at any age and use our compassionate creativity to weave opportunities into each day.
Want to learn more? Contact us to discuss the possibilities for your loved one.
OUR ELDER FAMILIES LOVE US.
“I am so thankful that I got my Mom into MRC The Crossings. It's like they were lifesaving angels – literally! I think there was some timely divine intervention at work. I am so relieved she is no longer in an unsafe environment. The wonderful caring staff are willing to take on any burden necessary to keep the elders safe. The only thing I worry about now is if my Mom is on her best behavior!”
– Elizabeth Coleman, Adult Child of an elder at The Crossings Assisted Living
ENRICH YOUR DAILY LIVING:
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, medications, meals, grooming and dressing
- 24/7 emergency call-and-response system
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24/7
- Priority access to Skilled Nursing and Memory Support neighborhoods
- Cards and games
- Chapel services and Bible studies
- Fitness classes
- Common areas including arts and crafts room, card room, library, theater, billiards room, café and lounges
- Life-enriching activities
- On-site beauty salon and barbershop
- On-site rehabilitation therapy services
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, cultural events and day trips
- Spiritual care
Find out more about the costs of Assisted Living, contact us to start that confidential conversation.
ASSISTED LIVING FAQ
We’ll help you make sense of your choices. To find out more about Assisted Living in the League City, TX, area, contact us.