How to prepare for a visit to The Crossings
Visiting Independent Living:
Beginning Monday, April 5th:
· Visiting hours: 7 days a week from 9:00am –6:00pm
· No appointment necessary
· Please enter through the Independent Living Main Entrance to be screened and have your temperature taken.
· There is no limit to the number of visitors per visit
· Visitors are allowed in common areas and must wear a mask at all times. At this time, visitors are not allowed in our dining areas (Woodland Creek Dining Room and Bistro).
· Volunteers are welcome. All Volunteers must be screened, have their temperatures taken, and wear a mask.
Beginning Thursday, April 15th:
· The Woodland Creek Dining Room capacity increases to 75%
· We will be offering a served buffet
· Our daily delivery service at no charge will cease
· Delivery will be available upon request with a$5 delivery charge
· To-go orders may be picked up from the Bistro
Beginning Monday, May 3rd:
· The Woodland Creek Dining Room and Bistro will be open to guests with a designated area and require a reservation
Visiting Assisted Living/Memory Support/Skilled Nursing:
Visiting Assisted Living and Memory Care
Beginning Thursday 4-1-2021 The Crossings Assisted Living will offer 3 types of visits in Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Ø Essential Care Visits
Ø Personal Visits
Ø End of Life visits- Contact our team directly to learn more about the protocol
· All guests must inform The Crossings of the type of visit you will be requesting. All visits must be scheduled. We prefer that this correspondence comes via the TheCrossingsALMSVisitation@mrcaff.org for Assisted Living and Memory Support and TheCrossingsSNFVisitation@mrcaff.org for Skilled Nursing. You can also call to schedule your appointment with our Concierge team at (281) 525-4321. All visitors will receive a confirmation of visits that are scheduled or a notice of denial if there is a conflict. Please only send one email so that we can keep up with these requests without confusion due to the amount of incoming requests.
· You are only able to schedule 1 week at a time. Visitation hours have been expanded to 10am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
· All guests must pass the screening and temperature check at the front desk or entrance into The Crossings will be denied.
· There is no longer a requirement for visitors to be Covid-19 tested or show proof of being Covid-19 negative.
· We continue to recommend testing. The Crossings is offering testing upon request and is available on Monday from 9am-12pm.
· Hand hygiene is required before and after the visit.
· These visits are not restricted based on resident Covid-19 status or community Covid-19 status.
· Essential Visitors must have completed the required training and Essential Visitor contract prior to the first visit.
· The 2 designated Essential Caregivers may now visit at the same time.
· Essential Visitors must be 18 years or older.
· These visits are permitted outdoors or in the resident’s room. Residents in companion suites in Skilled Nursing may have essential visits in their room but the visitor must practice social distancing from the other resident and staff.
· Visiting hours are between 10am and 7pm.
· Essential visitors do not have to maintain social distancing during their visit and may have close and personal contact with the resident. The essential visitor must comply with wearing the same personal protective equipment (PPE)as the staff wears at all times.
· Personal visits are permitted with Covid-19 negative elders only.
· Personal visits are not restricted to essential caregivers.
· Personal visitors must comply with wearing a medical face mask at all times during the visit. ONLY IF the resident chooses, can you have close personal contact.
· Personal visits are restricted to 2 visitors at a time in a resident’s room or three or more in outdoor areas.
· There is no age restriction to general visitors, however, all visitors must be able to wear a medical mask for the whole visit and comply with social distancing. Guests bringing children must ensure they are able to comply with these requirements or the visitor will be asked to leave the community.
· It is at the community’s discretion to cancel or reschedule outdoor visits due to inclement weather.
· All visitation is subject to change.
· All visitors must arrive and leave per schedule
· Elders may eat and drink during a visit. The visitor cannot eat or drink during visit.
Example information needed to schedule a visit:
· Type of visit (essential, personal, end of life)
· Name of resident
· Name of person visiting
· Date of visit
· Time of visit
· Anticipated length of visit
· Location of visit (residents room #)
· Contact phone number